Shabby

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lindy's Stamp Gang Art to the Eggstreme Contest!

Lindy's is having a contest this month! The challenge was to alter an egg using any of their products. The egg could be made of any material (paper mache, plastic, wood, etc.).

Right now I have a handful of their beautiful glittery Starburst sprays and they all happen to be in some pretty Spring colors so I went to town spraying, spraying, spraying and painting, painting, painting! The colors I used were: Ramblin' Rose Pink, Magnolia Magenta Gold, Baby Blue Eyes, and Edelweiss Moss Green (don't you just love the names????):


First, I started out with a large plastic egg, similar to the one below:

Mine came with a cute Little Mermaid stamper. :-)

I decided to use only the back half of the egg to create an Easter diorama and this is how it turned out:

Voila! My entry for the contest! 
I found the little girl and the dog and chick graphics online. 
I colored her Easter eggs and the flowers in her basket by hand using the Starburst stains. 
I also used Stickles glitter glue quite liberally throughout this project. 

The pink, green, and blue flowers, the lace on the bottom, the green butterflies 
and the grass were all painted with the Starburst stains. 
I painted the background first with gesso, then with the Baby Blue and Edelweiss Moss stains. 
The metal butterfly was washed with gesso also then painted with all four stains I have on hand. 
The cheesecloth on the side was sprayed with all the stains.


This is the backside. I got the purple color on the large roses by combining Baby Blue Eyes and Magnolia Magenta Gold. Really like the color that resulted. 



Found the perfect Spring poem for this project online. 

I decoupaged the backside with strips of newspaper, brushed on some gesso, 
then used all four Starbursts stains. 

You can find all their great products here: http://www.lindystampgang.com

This was such a fun project. HAPPY EASTER ALL!!!!

Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment