Shabby

Sunday, March 17, 2013

G45 National Craft Month Challenge

As if I needed a reason, March happens to be National Craft Month and, of course, Graphic 45 is having a National Craft Month Challenge!

I finally finished this project over the weekend. As it happened, Saturday was very cold and even a little snowy so working on a SPRING project was very therapeutic.

For this project, I used Graphic 45's Secret Garden collection. It's full of beautiful Spring yellows, greens, blues, purples, and pinks and perfect for the Spring/Easter season.

This started out as a humble little box I found on clearance just after Christmas last year. Eventually the box will hold a matching mini album that will contain Easter photos of my boys.

I've always wanted a beautiful garden gazebo surrounded by flowers. I'll have to settle for this for now.

I made the gazebo out of chipboard using several cuts of Tim Holtz's birdcage die. I gave it a coat of white gesso for a little texture. Since Spring flowers are my favorites, I already had a bunch on hand to decorate the box. 

I would SO love to be sitting in there right now!!!! I gave the flowers a light brush of gesso too and add some Stickles here and there for some glitter. I made the little girl's garden swing using the same birdcage die. 

Quote from the book. Love, love, love the greens and yellows in this collection!


Left side of the box. A few months ago, I scored a HUGE bag of lace trims at Goodwill for mere pennies and I tucked some of it here and there on this piece. 

Right side. 

Backside. I did A LOT of fussy cutting of teeny tiny flowers from the paper but it was worth for the dimension it gives to this project. 

Top of the gazebo. 

1 comment: