Shabby

Saturday, April 13, 2013

From Garbage to Glamorous: Transformation of the Humble TP Roll

Earth Day is April 22nd, but I thought I'd get a head start and play around with one of the many empty TP rolls I've been hoarding. A few weeks ago, I watched a woman create a dress form using one and I couldn't wait to give it a try.

In between laundry, house (ho hum) work, meal prep, and caring for my sweeties, I managed to whip this up today. I love how it came out!

The dress form stands about 10.5 inches tall. I Mod Podged 
some tissue paper and script paper on the body, 
then dry brushed on some black and metallic gold paint 
to give it a vintage look. 

The cap on top is from an old Christmas ornament. 
The black bling was from my stash, 
and the lace ruffle on the bottom came from an old runner. 
I didn't like the runner but the trim was beautiful!

Everything I used I already had on hand. NO SHOPPING! 
I made the stick pin with some beads I was given and some from 
an awesome Goodwill haul a while back.

Backside. I'm not used to working with these colors 
but I really like the vintage look of this project.

AMEN! I have several scripture stamps and this is one of my favorites. 
Love this verse! This is at the bottom of the front side. 
I took two wooden hearts, in graduating sizes, glued them together, 
then painted them black and gave it a dry brush of metallic gold. 

This is on the bottom of the backside. I used a wooden dowel as the stand. 


This was a lot of fun and I'll probably make more. And since I live in house full of frequent bathroom users, I'm pretty sure my supply of toilet paper rolls will never run out! 

Blessings,
Millie


No comments:

Post a Comment