Shabby

Sunday, January 19, 2014

CCL ARTFUL CREATION CONTEST: Springtime Layout (Project #3)

This is my 3rd entry for the Artful Creation Contest over at Creating the Crafty Life. Thanks to all of this polar air, I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about Spring!

Below are most of the items I used from the wonderful box sent by Lucky:

In addition to the items below, I used a cute little wooden dress form 
and a 6"x6" sheet of pretty scrapbook paper she put in the box. 
The silk orchid I used was actually a light green color and 
I also used a white silk lily that was also included in the box.


 This is the result. My little reminder that Spring is on it's way!
I whitewashed a piece of corrugated cardboard and adhered 
the whole piece to it. I've had the vintage photo for a while
and thought she was perfect for the project.
The punchinella in the background was painted white then glittered
with the iridescent glitter we were sent. 
Created the stickpin using some of the beads from the box. 
The metal heart charm was from my stash.
I prepped it with gesso then painted on some 
Lindy's in blues and greens.
The dress form was also whitewashed. I made the skirt using 
the pretty silk lily adhered one of the sheer white flowers, and then 
attached one of the pretty yellow dangling beads.
I think the sheer green ribbon was also from the box 
(can't remember). I adhered another pale yellow gem
and another yellow bead dangle. 
The glittery aqua flower was punched from some of the card stock 
included in the box. The butterflies were also punched
from very light aqua card stock I received as well.

I think that's everything. I have a few more ideas for projects using the remainder of the supplies we were sent so I'll be working on those this week.

Blessings,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment