Shabby

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

CCL ARTFUL CREATION CONTEST: Flower Fairy (Project #4)

Still have some materials from Lucky's box so I created a 4th project for the CCL Artful Creation Contest. I used the following items:

6x6 floral scrapbook paper
12x12 purple scrapbook paper
12x12 pastel stripe scrapbook paper
8.5x11 purple and mint green self adhesive sheets
blank white card stock trifold card
pink cotton lace trim
white satin trim
silver mesh
sheer pink ribbon
pink holographic circle stickers
self adhesive pink pearls
plastic flower buttons
flat back pearls
hot pink pearls
rhinestone bling



And this is the project!

I started by creating a base out of a couple of empty 
ribbon spools I had on hand. 
I die cut one of the pieces of the trifold card using the 
Tattered Doily die by Tim Holtz. This created
the back wall. I covered it using the pretty purple 
scrapbook paper from the box. 
I die cut a 2nd doily and attached it to the base
of the wall just to add some interest.

I die cut the leaves from the green glitter paper
The paper flowers were die cut using the Tattered Florals
die by Tim Holtz. I the purple paper for the smaller ones
and the pastel stripe paper for the two larger ones.

I stamped the fairy using a stamp from Graphic 45's 
Nutcracker Sweet collection. I stamped her tutu onto
the 6x6 paper and paper pieced it on to the original 
image for dimension. Her skirt is trimmed 
with some sheer pink ribbon from the box.
The butterfly was punched with a 
Martha Stewart punch, using the purple glitter paper. 
I used the tiny pink pearls to create the body of the butterfly. 
Her wings were punched from another 
Martha Stewart butterfly die.

The "grass" she's standing on is the silver mesh from 
the box. I sprayed it with some green Lindy's Starburst. 
She is surrounded by the cute plastic flower buttons 
and another die cut flower. 

I sprayed the pink crochet lace with some pinkish Lindy's to
give it some more depth and shimmer. After that, I wrapped
it around the base to make it look a bit like
a crown for a fairy princess. :-)

I also adhered some of the pink holographic circles to 
the center of each flower on the lace. 
At the bottom of the base, I adhere some white satin pleated 
ribbon that came in the box. 

EVERYTHING was liberally glittered with Stickles! Of course!
Still have some ideas for more projects. Hoping to get to them
before the deadline.

Blessings,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment