Shabby

Monday, December 16, 2013

Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet Altered Compact

Without a doubt, one of my favorite parts of The Nutcracker Ballet is the Waltz of the Snowflakes (the best version is with Mikhail Baryshnikov, of course).


The scene is beautifully magical and I've been wanting to capture it in some way. Recently, I was about to toss out some used makeup when I noticed a bit of sunlight from the window was illuminating the translucent blue plastic of the compact. 


I'm not sure if that counts as heavenly inspiration, but I immediately saw teeny tiny snowflake ballerinas dancing inside that little case. Below is the end result.


For this project, I used the Snowflake Waltz paper from 
Graphic 45's Nutcracker Sweet collection.

I filled the bottom with lots and lots of Aleene's Glitter Snow Paint.


I also used a VERY liberal amount of Stickles. :-)


Love how the mirror reflects the scene!

This past weekend was a snowy one in our neck of the woods so it was the perfect time to work on this project! 

Christmas Blessings to You and Yours,
Millie







No comments:

Post a Comment