Shabby

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Special Order Projects!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the LORD." 
Colossians 3:23


A few weeks ago, I had two people ask, within days of each other, if I could create some special projects for which they would gladly pay. 

It was my first real experience at creating ''commissioned'' projects. Until now, anything I made for others has been given away. 

If you're a craftsperson, then you'll understand the joy of having someone actually pay for your work. You'll also understand the pressure of getting things ''just right'' and delivering on time. Although both projects were generally small, I labored over each, "as unto the LORD", wanting to make sure they met the expectations of my customers. I'm happy (and relieved) to report that both customers were satisfied with my work. Below are the finished results.

The first was a three dimensional easel card. This one is 6" x 6" and 
was created for someone who is a huge Wizard of Oz fan. 
I used Graphic 45's "Magic of Oz" paper, of course!

For the second project, I was asked to create a centerpiece for a boy's 1st birthday party and 
a keepsake box to hold cards and such. I actually got my Cricut out for this project. 
I used it to create the "Happy Birthday" sentiment. 

I learned a lot about myself as an artist/crafter while working on these. I found out what I like and what I don't like, how I handle the pressure of a deadline, and other valuable lessons. Not sure if I'll get more opportunities like this but, overall, I enjoyed and am thankful for the experience.

Blessings,
Millie


No comments:

Post a Comment