Shabby

Monday, September 2, 2013

Lace and Fabric Collage Banner

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord
“He is my refuge and my fortress, 
my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

Some people find rest and comfort in the LORD in a quiet, secluded nook or simply by taking a walk, surrounded by the beauty of His creation, all the while meditating on the faithfulness of His promises and the security of His presence. 

I most often find that precious place at the quiet spot in which I work and create. It has become my ''prayer closet'', the place where I am most often prompted to ponder, petition, and pray.

These last several months, the verses above have sustained and carried me through some pretty painful moments of discouragement. And they have also inspired me to create the project below. 

Recently, I was blessed with a large stash of vintage crochet pieces that included a pretty long piece. I immediately saw it as a banner and so I created a lace and fabric wall hanging.


The banner measures approximately 16" tall and 7" wide. The piece was created with various bits and pieces of lace, doilies, cheese cloth, fabric flowers, paper, and metal. 


The image of the little girl, peaceful sitting on her swing, was found online. The music on the left is an old hymn entitled, "In the Secret of His Presence". Tucked behind the photo is a small piece of paper with the verses from Psalm 91.


This is project will be a continuous reminder of the 
unchanging character of God 
and of His great love and care. 

In the secret of His presence
How my soul delights to hide!
Oh, how precious are the lessons
Which I learn at Jesus' side!
Earthly cares can never vex me,
Neither trials lay me low;
For when Satan comes to tempt me,
To the secret place I go. 



Blessings,
Millie 








No comments:

Post a Comment