Shabby

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall Fabric Owl

“A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more (s)he saw the less (s)he spoke; The less (s)he spoke the more (s)he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird?”

I haven't created any Fall decorations for a while, so this year, I decided to revamp some of the the things I already have on hand. I really love the work of Dana Engemann. Her patchwork creatures are just adorable and I got the inspiration for my little cutie from her.


 Everything I used came from what I already had. 
My favorite kind of project! 


 The wise "Miss Hootie" is made of pretty fall colored fabrics, 
vintage lace, doilies and other assorted embellies.


Her stand is a small brass candlestick found for .99 cents 
at Goodwill. I painted it and the base with copper and gold metallic 
paints. I arranged a small paper pumpkin, silk flowers and leaves
and an autumn spray on top of a vintage doily I bought this
summer while antiquing down South. 

Happy Fall Everyone!!!! 

Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment