Shabby

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Good Start

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'm so excited about the upcoming year. Lots and lots of ideas brewing in my brain! And Christmas is over which means.....VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

At the end of last year, I scored BIG at my local Goodwill and also picked up some things at AC Moore on clearance.

Lots and lots of fun stuff to alter!!!

My favorite Goodwill find! A cigar box just waiting to be beautified! 
Got that HUGE roll of red velvet ribbon for .99 cents!

Not sure what I'll do with 40 pairs of chopsticks but at a $1.99, 
I couldn't pass them up! The pretty roll of lace was at the bottom of 
a plastic bin full of craft items. I ''splurged'' on the "M" pin. It was $4.99. :-)



AC Moore had some really great Christmas boxes on clearance. 
The recipe box on top is perfect for holding a mini album 
and I LOVE the gatefold box on the bottom! The hexagon box
came from a quick trip to a dollar store.


Also at the end of last year, I realized I had a pretty boring art journal. So I decided the first order of business for the new year was to pretty up my journal. This is what it looked like before:

BLAHHHHH

And this is what it looks like all prettied up!!!!

Front cover! Much more inspiring!!!!

Back cover!

Now I'm all set for a year of creative bliss!!!! Happy crafting!!!

Millie







1 comment: