Shabby

Friday, August 9, 2013

CCL August Color Challenge 2013


Give me the joys of summer,
    Of SUMMER QUEEN so fair,
With wealth of lovely flowers
    And fruits and sun-kissed air!

This month, over at Creating the Crafty Life, they are hosting a color challenge! The rules are simple: design and create a project using the colors in the chosen palette. This month's palette is "All About Summer" and it reflects the beautiful colors of the season: 


I've been wanting to alter a matchbox for some time now and I thought this would be a great opportunity to do so. Below is my project for this challenge:

I used GCD's ''Funhouse'' paper stack for this project. It's an older collection but the colors were perfect for the challenge.

Found the image of the sweet little girls online. I made the ''sun'' by punching a circle then snipping all around to give it some ''rays''. I dyed the lace trims using my trusty Lindy's sprays. The shells and sand inside the box are souvenirs from our last trip to Florida. 
Side view. The teeny tiny wooden candlestick it rests on is a Goodwill find. 

Made the flowers using some of the paper and a couple of 5 petal flower punches.   The green bauble on top was created with some pretty beads (found at Goodwill) and a stick pin. 

Backside. 

Another fun project and a great way to preserve a bit of the joys of summer when winter rolls around! 


Talk not to me of winter
 With ice and frost and snow,
Nor changing spring and autumn
    When howling winds will blow.


No, I will take the joys
    Of SUMMER every time,
So to this Queen of Seasons
    I dedicate my rhyme.

*Visit Creating the Crafty Life by clicking on the link to the right. It's a great site full of creative people and tons of inspiration!


Blessings,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment