Shabby

Friday, July 11, 2014

CCL Paris in July ATC Swap

Bonjour! That's it for me in French!

This month over at Creating the Crafty Life, one of our members is hosting a "Paris in July" ATC swap! The guidelines are simple: the cards must be Paris themed, in shades of blues or pinks, fully embellished on the front, and standard ATC size (2.5"x3.5"). 

Before I began, I did a little research to find out what sort of things are happening in Paris during the month of July. This year, the Tour de France began on July 5th in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England and will end in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées on July 27th so I chose this event as the theme for my cards. 

Each swapper will receive 4 cards. I made two extras: one to keep and one for our hostess. 

I have a drawer full of metal gears in all sizes so I adhered them to the cards to mimic the gears on a bicycle. The background is a sketch of the Arc de Triomphe which is located on the western end of the Champs-Élysées. I also used a vintage photo of a cyclist from the race. To finish it off, I attached 
two very small ribbon roses on the right, the dates of the race, and a vintage street plaque on top.

Each ATC will be sent in a special envelope and a little card explaining some details about the race. Thanks, Christy, for hosting such a great swap! These cards are so quick to make and fun! And it's a great way to share your art with others. :-)

Have a great weekend!

Blessings!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment